- Get up at your usual time each day
- Work out at least 30-60 minutes each day
- Shower, dress to go out as if going out to work.
- Pray each day and attend church on Sunday even if it is to watch a service
- Tell your family you love them and be present with them.
- Keep your social media time and news time to a minimum (no more than 1/2 hour a day)
- Call and connect with a friend
- Send a thank you note. There is always someone to thank.
- Put energy into the work you have to do this day even and especially if your work today is to look for work.
- Keep your living space clean and tidy
- Mind your self talk to be positive and kind
- Notice all the blessings around you
- Appreciate those in your life with positive language, be helpful and kind
- Spend time alone meditating with God. He wants to talk to you and you have to be still to hear Him.
- Take a walk.
- Enjoy your children, grandchildren, family,, friends, co-workers and pets. Be kind.
- Say please and thank you and mean it.
- Apologize when you have been rude, tense, or vented
- Forgive and love unconditionally
- Pray for everyone to the right and to the left of you. Be kind and don’t say rude things about anyone. Instead, listen with generosity.
- Be open, listen, and be willing to change your mind.
- Remember that the media is entertainment and any resemblance to facts is coincidental.
- Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in a public place, and be kind
- Go for your annual physical and your dentist appointment and get your flu shot
- If you are overweight, lose weight in a healthy way as the best thing you can do for your overall health.
- Read the Bible, a good novel, and a good non fiction book.
- Enjoy your spaces indoors and outdoors
- Go to the lake or park nearby.
- Listen to the wonder around you and seek peace.
- Volunteer, support your church and your charities.
God bless you and I pray for your health and well being. Love Mymom
I ride the light rail train to work each day. This winter has been challenging as we have had more cold weather than I can ever remember. This morning was -6 degrees Fahrenheit with wind chills to -20. I remember the first day of sub zero. It was very cold like today. The governor shut down the state and closed the schools and we were all glad. Now, to be honest, it doesn’t seem all that cold. I guess I’m use to it now.
I think pornography or bad language is like the cold. At first it shocks us but after being bombarded by the sights and sounds, we just get used to it. It is still every bit as cold and shocking but now our senses are use to the cold and the shock. Unlike the cold which will go away, the bad words and images which surround us are always there. Be careful what you get use to.
Oh Heavenly Father, help us to pay attention to the things around us. To bundle ourselves and protect us from anything that would harm us. Keep our eyes and ears fixed on you. Through Jesus your son. Amen
John 19:26-27 When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour the disciple took her into his own household.
Jesus gave us His mother as our spiritual mother. Jesus is God. Mary is His mother, therefore, Mary is the Mother of God. God asks us to honor our father and mother. He honors His own mother and listens to her. Jesus brought His mother to heaven with Him. She intercedes for us and leads us to her Son, Jesus. I honor his mother and I ask for her prayers, just like I ask you to pray for me. Mary listens. She cares for us as our spiritual mother. She is always there to listen.
It occurs to me that the devil doesn’t like the close relationship Mary has with Jesus. He also knows how influential she is. If the devil can make us think Mary is insignificant, then he cuts us off from the Spiritual mother who cares for us and can lead us close to her Son, Jesus.
I love the Hail Mary prayer. “Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen”
I say this prayer knowing who Mary is; the mother of God. I worship her Son Jesus. When you are troubled, remember to ask me to pray for you. Remember to ask Mary to pray for you. Mary listens and Jesus listens to His Mother. God Bless You and may Mary pray for your needs.