If you feel that you have harmed me in any way this year or at any other time, I have long forgiven you. If I have offended you or hurt you in any way, please forgive me. I am meditating daily on First Corinthians Chapter 13. I recommend reading this chapter as the definition of love and kindness. Don’t carry grudges, live your life each day with this passage in mind. It defines what love is and how we should love. Love God, Love neighbor…and don’t forget to love self with all humility. You are a unique, special, beautiful gift of God to the world. Love really is all you need. Be kind. Your words matter. You matter.
- Get up at your usual time each day
- Work out at least 30-60 minutes each day
- Shower, dress to go out as if going out to work.
- Pray each day and attend church on Sunday even if it is to watch a service
- Tell your family you love them and be present with them.
- Keep your social media time and news time to a minimum (no more than 1/2 hour a day)
- Call and connect with a friend
- Send a thank you note. There is always someone to thank.
- Put energy into the work you have to do this day even and especially if your work today is to look for work.
- Keep your living space clean and tidy
- Mind your self talk to be positive and kind
- Notice all the blessings around you
- Appreciate those in your life with positive language, be helpful and kind
- Spend time alone meditating with God. He wants to talk to you and you have to be still to hear Him.
- Take a walk.
- Enjoy your children, grandchildren, family,, friends, co-workers and pets. Be kind.
- Say please and thank you and mean it.
- Apologize when you have been rude, tense, or vented
- Forgive and love unconditionally
- Pray for everyone to the right and to the left of you. Be kind and don’t say rude things about anyone. Instead, listen with generosity.
- Be open, listen, and be willing to change your mind.
- Remember that the media is entertainment and any resemblance to facts is coincidental.
- Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in a public place, and be kind
- Go for your annual physical and your dentist appointment and get your flu shot
- If you are overweight, lose weight in a healthy way as the best thing you can do for your overall health.
- Read the Bible, a good novel, and a good non fiction book.
- Enjoy your spaces indoors and outdoors
- Go to the lake or park nearby.
- Listen to the wonder around you and seek peace.
- Volunteer, support your church and your charities.
God bless you and I pray for your health and well being. Love Mymom
I thought of the name “advice from someone else’s mom” a few years ago but settled on the name “advice from mymom”. I learned so much from my mother, my mother in law, my grandmother, my husband’s grandmothers, my friends that I’d like to share with you. They each tried to share their wisdom with me. Sometimes I listened but more often, I didn’t listen at the time. But whether I ran into difficulty or triumph, I reflected back on the events and recalled their wisdom. I feel like who I am comes from each of them. Most especially my mom. The other reason for the name Mymom also comes from one of my children. He noticed that he is one of four children and started calling me Mymom whenever he wanted my attention. It became his name for me and I rather like it. So in honor of my mom and in recognition of my son’s nickname for me, I’ll be Mymom in this blog.
I want to write these blogs for my children. I have so much to tell them. So much that I have learned from all those wise people that have been part of my life. I could help my children avoid the mistakes that I have made. But of course in life, we are all experiential learners and none of us seem to want advice from our own moms when they can see so clearly that we are in need of advice. It is ok. I forgive my children as my mom forgave me. We moms always do. I’ll write to you instead. You can choose to hear advice from Mymom. God bless you and all your intentions this day.