I have been studying the lives and words of the Carmelite saints Teresa and John. The concept that I struggle with the most is that of detachment. What does it mean to love totally and with abandon as Jesus loves without attachment? Jesus shows us the way. We are to love God with our whole self and our neighbor too. If the one or thing that I love in my life goes away or becomes angry with me and shuns me, if I am attached, I am devastated beyond repair. I am not free to live out the will of God for me. I may be attached so that I seek the other, my child, my spouse and want only to be with them and when I am not in their presence, then I am lost. I can only think of how to be with them again. If I love without attachment, I gain all. I enjoy those I love and I can let them go too. I am attached only to God and I detach from all that is not God. It doesn’t mean that I don’t love. It means that I love more perfectly without needing attachment or the response of the other. They are free to love me or not to love me and I may always love in return. God is with me and that is all I need. I may love totally and freely in the example of Jesus. God, please show me my attachments and help me to detach from all that is not you. Amen
You each have your own stresses right now. The pandemic has gone on so long. You are working long hours. Caring for little ones. Being there for family and friends. Know that we love you and we are here for each of you.
Cherish our family relationships with each other. None of us are perfect and each of us are special in our own ways. Where you are weak, I am strong. Where I am weak, you are strong. Our family is a beautiful pattern of people knit together by the love you share with us and with each other. Sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, daughter in law and sons in law, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends for life. Our family is strong because of our unconditional love, forgiveness that is granted without strings attached. Grace from God and sharing that grace with each other. Build each other up. Be patient with each other. Communicate. You are loved and valued. No one is left out and no one is left behind. We are each as close as we choose to be. God bless each and every one of you.
- Get up at your usual time each day
- Work out at least 30-60 minutes each day
- Shower, dress to go out as if going out to work.
- Pray each day and attend church on Sunday even if it is to watch a service
- Tell your family you love them and be present with them.
- Keep your social media time and news time to a minimum (no more than 1/2 hour a day)
- Call and connect with a friend
- Send a thank you note. There is always someone to thank.
- Put energy into the work you have to do this day even and especially if your work today is to look for work.
- Keep your living space clean and tidy
- Mind your self talk to be positive and kind
- Notice all the blessings around you
- Appreciate those in your life with positive language, be helpful and kind
- Spend time alone meditating with God. He wants to talk to you and you have to be still to hear Him.
- Take a walk.
- Enjoy your children, grandchildren, family,, friends, co-workers and pets. Be kind.
- Say please and thank you and mean it.
- Apologize when you have been rude, tense, or vented
- Forgive and love unconditionally
- Pray for everyone to the right and to the left of you. Be kind and don’t say rude things about anyone. Instead, listen with generosity.
- Be open, listen, and be willing to change your mind.
- Remember that the media is entertainment and any resemblance to facts is coincidental.
- Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in a public place, and be kind
- Go for your annual physical and your dentist appointment and get your flu shot
- If you are overweight, lose weight in a healthy way as the best thing you can do for your overall health.
- Read the Bible, a good novel, and a good non fiction book.
- Enjoy your spaces indoors and outdoors
- Go to the lake or park nearby.
- Listen to the wonder around you and seek peace.
- Volunteer, support your church and your charities.
God bless you and I pray for your health and well being. Love Mymom
In relationships, give 200 percent and prayerfully seek the person who will give 200 percent. There is no 50/50 in a good relationship which leads to a good marriage. 50/50 says that I have expectations that we will each give half way to make us whole. In fact we each need to give 100 percent, better yet 200 percent. I’m all into this marriage. I’m my husbands biggest fan and he is mine. I am the person God chose to be my husband’s partner. God counts on us each day to be His eyes, ears, hands, and feet to accomplish His work as a team. God gave us each other. 200 percent. Let us pray.. Oh God, You are the source of our strength. Be with us and help us to see you in our good times and to allow You to see us through our bad times. In Jesus name. Amen. Mary mother of God, pray for us. St Joseph, pray for us. May we model our marriage after the Holy Family.