You each have your own stresses right now. The pandemic has gone on so long. You are working long hours. Caring for little ones. Being there for family and friends. Know that we love you and we are here for each of you.
Cherish our family relationships with each other. None of us are perfect and each of us are special in our own ways. Where you are weak, I am strong. Where I am weak, you are strong. Our family is a beautiful pattern of people knit together by the love you share with us and with each other. Sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, daughter in law and sons in law, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends for life. Our family is strong because of our unconditional love, forgiveness that is granted without strings attached. Grace from God and sharing that grace with each other. Build each other up. Be patient with each other. Communicate. You are loved and valued. No one is left out and no one is left behind. We are each as close as we choose to be. God bless each and every one of you.
- Get up at your usual time each day
- Work out at least 30-60 minutes each day
- Shower, dress to go out as if going out to work.
- Pray each day and attend church on Sunday even if it is to watch a service
- Tell your family you love them and be present with them.
- Keep your social media time and news time to a minimum (no more than 1/2 hour a day)
- Call and connect with a friend
- Send a thank you note. There is always someone to thank.
- Put energy into the work you have to do this day even and especially if your work today is to look for work.
- Keep your living space clean and tidy
- Mind your self talk to be positive and kind
- Notice all the blessings around you
- Appreciate those in your life with positive language, be helpful and kind
- Spend time alone meditating with God. He wants to talk to you and you have to be still to hear Him.
- Take a walk.
- Enjoy your children, grandchildren, family,, friends, co-workers and pets. Be kind.
- Say please and thank you and mean it.
- Apologize when you have been rude, tense, or vented
- Forgive and love unconditionally
- Pray for everyone to the right and to the left of you. Be kind and don’t say rude things about anyone. Instead, listen with generosity.
- Be open, listen, and be willing to change your mind.
- Remember that the media is entertainment and any resemblance to facts is coincidental.
- Wash your hands, wear a mask when you are in a public place, and be kind
- Go for your annual physical and your dentist appointment and get your flu shot
- If you are overweight, lose weight in a healthy way as the best thing you can do for your overall health.
- Read the Bible, a good novel, and a good non fiction book.
- Enjoy your spaces indoors and outdoors
- Go to the lake or park nearby.
- Listen to the wonder around you and seek peace.
- Volunteer, support your church and your charities.
God bless you and I pray for your health and well being. Love Mymom
I recently was in Nashville pursuing my dream of writing by attending a workshop called Shaking your Tree given by Patsy and Danya Clairmont. I had the good fortune to meet someone I hope becomes a dear friend. Her name is Cheryl and she is a writer too. Cheryl responded to the call from Danya to offer me a ride from the hotel to and from Patsy’s house for the two sessions that we attended together. Cheryl answered the call and a new friendship is born. That is how it is. Our lives are interconnected. You will meet so many people in your life. Some will be with you always and some for just a moment. Be kind and loving. Be generous in offering yourself just in case this friend will be the one to walk with you on the rest if your journey. To Cheryl, Patsy, Les, Danya, Karen, and the other women who attended the Shaking Your Tree workshop. Welcome. Join me in my journey. Dear Heavenly Father, help us each to have a welcoming spirit. Thank you for each of these people I met in the workshop you fashioned just for me. Thank you for Patsy and for Danya for their sharing of their gifts to help us share ours. Help each of us to see the new friends that you put in our paths and protect each of us from harm. I pray for all of our intentions through Jesus Christ our Heavenly Lord. Amen.